Turnitin (plagiarism prevention software) - SBCC uses Turnitin which is software designed to help you check students’ electronic submissions (essays or papers) in a quick and effective manner.
Whitepaper – Plagiarism and the Web: Myths and Realities
Turnitin User Survey Results (July 6, 2011)
For teachers interested in using Turnitin contact Laurie Vasquez at firstname.lastname@example.org or X2724. Training is available by signing up through the professional development catalog.
- Training guides and manuals from Turnitin
- Instructor User Manual (PDF)
- Anytime, Anywhere self-paced videos (instructors/students)
- Instructor/student training videos
- Plagiarism and copyright powerpoint
- Resetting your password for Turnitin
- SBCC’s academic integrity policy
- Student Quickstart Training
Note: Students will receive a digital receipt containing a paper id both on screen and in e-mail for every successful submission. If the student does not receive a digital receipt for a submission, the submission was not successful. Since Turnitin’s automated messages may often times be filtered out as spam, they encourage students to print their receipt, as proof, once the submission has been made.
This video tutorial (submitting a paper) will take you through the entire process a student goes through when making a submission.
Further support is available:
Helpdesk phone — 866-816-5046 ext. 241
Available — Monday – Friday (6am-11pm) and Sat – Sunday (3pm – 11pm) Pacific time.