Several beautiful locations on the magnificent cliffs that overlook Leadbetter Beach and the harbor are available for wedding ceremonies. Each site has astonishing views of the Pacific Ocean, Channel Islands, and Santa Ynez Mountains.
Outdoor Wedding Sites and Locations
Wedding ceremonies are held at four locations on SBCC’s beautiful campus: Winslow-Maxwell Overlook, Great Meadow, Bagish Overlook, and Calden Overlook.
The Winslow Maxwell Overlook, the most popular location, sits on the far eastern side of East Campus. Its panoramic views stretch from the city to the mountains, down to the pier and out to the harbor. As a more private location on campus, this overlook consists of a large grassy circular area bordered by attractive stonework. A patio area with two entrance pathways and ample space for chairs surrounds the inner circle. A maximum of 200 guests can fit on this patio, depending on the setup design.
The Great Meadow on West Campus is a full field open to numerous creative possibilities for a memorable wedding ceremony. With its gigantic space and unobstructed views of the Pacific Ocean and the surrounding mountains, the Great Meadow can accommodate an unlimited number of guests.
- The Bagish Overlook is located within the Great Meadow. Tucked behind a grassy mound, Bagish Overlook is hidden from sight for a more intimate ceremony. This private setting facing the ocean creates a romantic, breathtaking escape for small weddings.
Low trees protect the circular stone patio and provide shade and seclusion. Approximately thirty people can fit in the built-in stone seating, and more guests can stand atop the grassy hill facing Leadbetter Beach. Two pathways, one with steps and one without, connect to the patio and lead around the Great Meadow.
The Calden Overlook is located within the Great Meadow. Calden Overlook is located near the bridge that connects East and West campus. Two paved pathways lead to a circular stone center that is the perfect size for smaller ceremonies. Clear views of La Playa Stadium, Leadbetter Beach, and other scenic spots make this an exceptional place for a wedding.
These four locations are available only for Saturday or Sunday ceremonies. Friday rehearsals can be arranged for two-hour periods upon request. Contact us by emailing email@example.com or calling 805-730-4065 to check on available dates and locations.
On-site ceremonies are reserved for a period of three hours, which includes setup and breakdown. Only one wedding is scheduled per day at each of the four sites. If the event exceeds the three-hour rental period, a fee is applied to each additional hour. Events that go beyond the agreed-upon time without prior approval are subject to additional fines.
The rental fee includes an assigned coordinator from the SBCC team, who will be present for the duration of the event. The coordinator establishes and designates parking and restroom facilities, monitors reserved areas for pedestrians or conflicting noises, and locates electrical outlets on site as required. They do not assist with setup or breakdown.
As the facilities renter, you are responsible for providing chairs, tables, and all
other equipment, including microphones, amps, and extension cords. Personalized signage
and decorations are permitted, and they must be removed at the end of the event. For
any special requests, please notify Community Services prior to your scheduled event.
No food or beverages are permitted. Bottled water is allowed and must be disposed of properly.
How to Proceed
- Contact our office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 805-730-4065 to check available dates and locations and to receive payment information.
- After you have confirmed a date and location, you will receive a wedding contract, a COVID Addendum form, insurance instructions, and a campus map. Complete the contract and submit payment in full to secure your reservation. Please note: your refundable deposit is issued after the ceremony and following a routine check of the venue grounds.
- All reservations require proof of insurance. You can obtain insurance through ASCIP TULIP or through your own private provider. Submit the insurance and COVID Addendum forms and provide a schematic of the ceremony setup no less than two (2) weeks prior to the ceremony date. Please contact us with any additional questions! We’re here to make your wedding a truly memorable event.
- Enjoy your ceremony! Congratulations on your wedding!