Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information for the SBCC Community
Update for Spring 2022
In order to limit the spread of COVID-19 as much as possible, we are making an important change to the Spring 2022 Semester schedule and operations.
- The majority of classes, services and operations across all SBCC campuses will be
temporarily remote through Thursday, February 17.
- The following classes will remain in-person
(check sheet for exact start date)
- Student support areas (such as student services, CESJ) will work remotely during this time as well.
- The Basic Needs Center, the library, and the LRC will remain open in some capacity to serve students and provide a quiet place to study. Full details are still being determined.
- In-person classes and services are scheduled to resume on Tuesday, February 22.
- All students and employees must wear an N95 or KN95 to enter any SBCC facility. These
will be provided at check-in tables.
- As of January 24, students and employees who are coming to a college campus will be
required to have a negative COVID-19 test result on file that is no more than 7 days
old. This applies to all students and employees, both vaccinated and exempt.
- If you are coming to campus January 18-21, you are required to get tested sometime during that week. You are strongly encouraged to get tested before coming if you have the means to do so. SBCC students and employees can test at Earl Warren Showgrounds as well as on-campus. Current testing hours and locations are available here.
4 Key Steps for a Safer Campus
Complete a daily health survey on Cleared4 to get a wristband.
Wear a KN-95 or N-95 mask at check-in tables, indoors and in class.
Coming to Campus
Return to Campus Flyers
Contact our COVID Response Team!
Frequently Asked Questions
N-95 or similar masks are required indoors in all campus facilities regardless of vaccination status. Masks are optional outdoors.
As of October 1, 2021, vaccination - or a combination of an approved exemption, weekly negative COVID-19 tests, and wearing a KN/N-95 mask - will be required for all students, faculty, and staff to enter any college building, teaching location or in-person class.
Members of the public 12+* years old visiting campus on a limited basis and entering any college building or facility are also subject to this requirement, and must show proof of vaccination or a negative PCR COVID-19 test result taken within the prior 7 days, and complete a health survey.
*Starting January 1, 2022 children 5+ years old will need proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 PCR test to attend indoor events on campus.
Read the Board Resolution here.
No, you only need to check in and get your wristband once daily. If you lose your wristband, please return to a check-in table to get another one.
You will not be allowed in classrooms or other offices/service areas without a wristband and a N-95 or similar mask. For the health and safety of all on campus, please plan to arrive in time to receive a wristband. If you are running late, a few more minutes to get a wristband is preferable to not getting one and then not being able to attend your in-person class.
You will be contacted by a member of the COVID Response Team. They will give you further instructions and information.
With the return to in-person classes, parking enforcement has also begun starting with the Fall 2021 semester. For more info on obtaining a parking permit, click here.
While SBCC strongly recommends vaccination to help reduce the impact of the Delta variant on the community, vaccination is only a requirement to enter SBCC campus buildings or teaching locations. If you are taking only online classes and do not anticipate needing to enter any campus buildings or teaching locations, then we do not need to verify your vaccination status at this time.
Yes! The Luria Library has chromebooks and hotspots available to check-out, with curbside pickup an option. Library staff are ready to assist you as you begin your journey this semester.
In-person hours (January 18th - February 17th)
Services: in person research/reference support from a librarian, study space, computers/printing, checkout of library materials (technology, physical textbook/reserves, books from the regular collection).
- Monday & Thursday 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Services: curbside pickup of technology and books from the regular collection (NOT textbooks) during the hours below this week. Call 805-730-4044 when you arrive.
- Tuesday, January 18: 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Wednesday, January 19: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Thursday, January 20: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Friday, January 21: 7 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Please bring a photo ID to check out devices. If you are not authorized to enter a building on campus due to vaccination status, please call 805-730-4044 when you arrive and we will meet you outside the building.
Services: online chat research/reference support from a librarian during all of the hours below.
- Monday through Thursday 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Friday 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Sunday 1 p.m. - 9 p.m.