Steps to Apply
International students have specialized application instructions.
Before you apply, make sure you meet this admission criteria:
- All applicants must have the equivalent of a 2.00 U.S. GPA.
- All applicants must be 17 years old or older by their first semester start date. Students who are 17 must submit a copy of their high school diploma.
- English Proficiency Requirement for admission to the Academic Program. There are several options for you to meet our requirement (i.e. coursework, language school, standardized tests, etc.). We do not require TOEFL/IELTS.
- Transfer students from U.S. language schools must have 80% attendance or higher at the language school.
Click on "Apply Now" below to begin your application registration.
Remember your password! You cannot reset it.
Submit one application for the first term you wish to attend.
Use a valid email address. No agent email addresses accepted. Student personal email adddresses only.
If you are currently studying at another institution and want to study at SBCC at the same time, follow these concurrent enrollment instructions.
Submit Required Documents
Upload copies of the required documents listed in your online application account. This will include, but not limited to the following documents:
- The application fee is waived for Summer II 2022 and Fall 2022 applications. The application fee is $75 for Spring 2023. Upload the $0 or $75 application fee receipt for the term you are applying for.
- meet minimum amount required: Cost of Studies
- must be written in or translated into English
- issued within the past 6 months or less of your desired program start date
- include the name of the account holder and account balance
- liquid funds (savings and/or checking account)
- have an official bank signature or stamp on financial institution letterhead
Provide a copy of your passport
- Transcripts for all coursework completed in high school (secondary school), English language programs, and university or college. Transcripts should be translated into English by an official translator and/or translating agency.
- Unofficial transcripts are sufficient for admission purposes.
- Official transcripts are required for athletic eligibility, and may be submitted at a later date.
- If you are under 18 years old at the time of your first semester start date, you will need to submit a high school diploma.
- A high school diploma is not required for students who are 18 years old or older.
Current F-1 Students in the U.S.
If you are transferring to SBCC from another school in the U.S. complete the steps above, and upload the following additional documents to your online application:
- Copy of F-1 visa
- I-94 Arrival/Departure Form - At the link, click on "Get most recent I-94".
- Copy of I-20
- Verification of Status Form - Students must be "in status". The advisor at your current institution will need to verify and sign this form.
After you apply
- We will begin process Summer & Fall 2022 applications on February 1. An admissions decision will be sent via email within 10 business days after February 1 or from the date you submitted a complete application. Only the student's email address will be accepted on the online application. Students must use an active and current email address.
- Accepted students will be mailed an I-20 form and acceptance packet via regular airmail, which can take up to two weeks to arrive. The I-20 can be rush delivered via UEMS for an additional cost. (Note: Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, I-20 forms are being emailed. Do not order mail shipping.)
- The I-20 form is the immigration document you will need to apply for an F-1 (student) visa at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in your home country.
If you have admission questions or need a correction to your online application, email email@example.com